Monday, June 28, 2010

The Last Few Days

I changed the oil in the car last week and its due to be changed again today. I think that happens every 3,000 miles. Needless to say Kerry, Sydney, Nathan-Raegan and I have been spending some great family time in the car getting to see old faces, meet new faces and give a preview of the next chapter of our lives. We are so grateful for everyone that has listened, prayed for us, shared our expectations and fears, opened their homes, churches, classrooms. We leave knowing that we are not alone, but surrounded by brothers and sisters in Christ lifting us up.
The last full week has begun! We're busy trying to get our last visits, Wal-Mart trips and chips and salsa in. Sydney and RaeRae get to attend VBS this week, so they're excited about that (thank you FBC White Hall!). Kerry and I travel to Jonesboro, Arkansas on Wednesday to spend some time with a great college ministry that is going on there. Thursday we pack-up, say goodbye to mamaw and head to Dallas. A night in Dallas to make sure everything has a suitcase to make it to Kenya and then two days with the coolest God Parents in the world in Denison, Texas. We will be back in Dallas on the night of the 4th and 5th.
Kerry has decided there's no place she'd rather spend her birthday (5th) than at Great Wolf Lodge, what a cool mom! The kids will be able to swim their legs off before having to sit on the plane for 20+ hours.
Then its here. Wow, seems like it was yesterday that I sat in an emergency room at Baylor hospital and told my father I thought I might be led to invest some of my energy and time in Kenyan college students. Almost 3 years later its here.
Thank you prayer warriors. We need it.
Blessings,
The Stickney's

No comments:

Post a Comment